Be Careful Not to Take Things for Granted :)

When my mom had a bad accident two years ago that changed the lives of all of my family members, I thought I learned well that you can never take anything for granted. It is amazing how our well-thought-out plans can be instantly transformed!
Yesterday afternoon, I received a phone call from the Editor-in-Chief of the Publishing company who had contracted with me for my Crochet Book. They have decided to 'get out of' the knit and crochet book design field and would not be able to publish my book after all. Needless to say, I was stunned to hear this news, especially after putting in countless man-hours and months of work!
As a designer and now full-time caregiver, I have learned to roll with the punches. I was going to say that most of the time, we have no choice. But I know now that that isn't necessarily correct. Our choice is in how we decide to accept and deal with those punches. We can choose to fall apart, or we can rise up and try to make something good from our circumstances. It isn't always easy, but I believe we are better off in the long run if we try to find something positive in the set of circumstances we find ourselves at the moment.
Inspired by a few blog posts I had previously read by fellow CHA designers Sarah Hodsdon and Margot Potter I feel like I am going to FORGE AHEAD, this time with a different direction. Who knows? I may just get this book published yet!
Pin It!