I am super excited to be able to write to you about a new Craftsy class that my dear friend, Karen Whooley is teaching. It is a new technique class that I don't think is available anywhere else!
Make sure you read this post to the end to see how you could win this class for FREE and also how to purchase this class at 50% OFF!
Taking a class on Craftsy through videos is a great way to learn a new skill. It gives you a much more in-depth experience into learning a new technique.
Fair Isle Crochet class includes seven (7) video lessons with over 3 hours of instruction.
I thoroughly enjoyed watching and learning from this class. Karen's lovely 'backstory' into how she learned Fair Isle knitting and relating it to Fair Isle crochet was so interesting.
This class is full of incredible information, not only for Fair Isle crochet, but for basic crochet as well.
All of her explanations have wonderful details to teach you how to do Fair Isle crochet.
She also includes Designer Tips and a 'bonus' video to teach you how to design your own charts.
You will learn three (3) different projects for this class and all patterns and charts are included. Here are photos of the projects:
|Fair Isle Hat|
|Fair Isle Trivet|
|Fair Isle Poet's Shawl|
Here are a list of just SOME of the class highlights:
1. Discusses and explains in great detail Intarsia crochet vs Tapestry crochet vs Fair Isle crochet, so you fully understand her version of Fair Isle Crochet and how she came up with it;
2. In depth instruction on How to read Fair Isle charts including, repeats for both left and right handed crocheters, reading repeats for both stitches and rows, reading charts for both flat and round Fair Isle crochet, reading color legends, creating your own legends, which yarns are best to work with;
3. In depth instructions on learning how to change colors, with many tips on how to be successful at it, carrying yarn, working flat pieces, working in the round, creating seamless crochet projects;
4. Great FINISHING techniques including, weaving in all ends so there is no bulk, encasing tails, making fringe;
5. Many tips and tricks to help you work Fair Isle crochet well including determining gauge, joining chains to work in the round, single crochet in ends of the rows, common mistakes, decreasing, how to rip if necessary;
I recommend this class for anyone who has been interested in learning how to read charts and how to change and carry colors in their crochet work, but especially for anyone who loves learning new crochet techniques in general. This class will teach you all you need to know about Karen's technique for Fair Isle crochet.
As a reader of Cute Crochet Chat, you could WIN a free lifetime class of Fair Isle Crochet at Craftsy. For a chance to win, leave a COMMENT on this post and let us know which project you would like to learn to make from this class. Please make sure you leave an email address OR a way to contact you, if you are the winner.
AS A BONUS: Karen is giving us a LINK to purchase her class at 50% OFF
DISCLAIMER: Craftsy has provided both the review copy and giveaway class for Fair Isle Crochet by Karen Whooley.