Crochet Shopping Spree

I can't believe it has been 5 days since my last post here! Where do the days go anymore? It is not because I have been busy working on the Gingerbread Country Cutie, either! Shame on me, I have hardly put a crochet hook to her since the last time I posted. I did figure out some of the colors I am going to use for which clothing parts, so that is a big help. She should have been done already, though, so I can start working on the male Gingerbread Cutie. I guess I have some good excuses though.
First of all, I spent the day yesterday, with my mother-in-law, on a nice needlework and craft shopping spree! My father-in-law has been sick with cancer for many months and she has been at home taking care of him. I promised her a full day of shopping and lunch while my husband stayed with his dad. We had a wonderful day!
First of all, I picked up a book I had been wanting for a long time, Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Knitting by Leisure Arts.

And to make it even better, JoAnn's was having a half price coupon sale, so I got it for $12.50 instead of $24.95! I am hoping to find a nice replacement set of stitches from the gallery for my knitted scarf.
I already had Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet by Leisure Arts,

and absolutely love it, so now I feel my set is complete. They have the nicest and most colorful sets of pattern swatches in both books I have ever seen!
Other than some Windchimes, that is the only thing I bought yesterday, but my MIL loaded up on yarn, books, and paint supplies. I think she had a really good time and now has enough supplies to keep her busy again for awhile.
Well, I really am going to get off now, and work on the Gingerbread Cutie. I need to get her finished. My momma is coming on Tuesday from California for her annual visit, and I won't have as much time for crocheting!
Pin It!