Saturday, July 22, 2006

Crochet Seasons

What a horrible blogger I have been lately! I get so frustrated, mostly because this is a crochet blog, and I don't have much to report on the crochet front. Of course, I continually have to work on designs for my bi-monthly column in Crochet World.
I am also working on some Spring designs for cutecrochet.com that are not finished yet, and it is almost time to start on designs for Christmas! Where does the time go?

Recently the owner of our local Ben Franklin asked me why yarn sales were down in the Summer. I explained that most needleworkers did not do as much knitting and crocheting in the summertime as they do in the other seasons. I told him several reasons for this is that kids are out of school, the weather is nice and people want to be outdoors, and heavy yarns are too hot to work with in the Summer.
So, I ask............do you crochet or knit in the Summer???
If so, what kind of project do you work on?
Pin It!

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

I just happened to come across your blog. I crochet doilies in the summer. But I agree, it's too hot to work with yarn. And there are too many outdoor activities. Flower gardens, and long evening walks, camping, and just sitting outside and watching the fireflies!

Just another crocheter

Kim Guzman said...

Baby clothes! That's what I'm doing right now. I can't even bear the thought of a large sweater on my lap right now. :-)

Ronnett said...

I ama crochet addict and I am into toys mostly. I am also the mother of four, my youngest being only 9 wks old so I find I am mostly playing catchup in the summer or preparing for Christmas and birthday gifts... whatever the project I need to crochet something. I find it very relaxing.

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog today. Sept. 6th, but thought I would add my two cents worth anyhow! I agree, summer is not usually the time for making big yarn projects, although I admit to having had to do it, due to a deadline for an afghan. I must say it is much easier to do that since we moved to a house that is air conditioned. My former house was not and now I wonder how I survived 26 years there! I just bought an baby afghan kit yesterday at Mary Maxim so am looking forward to starting on that.

Cathy (a fellow crocheter from Canada)

Chelle =^.^= said...

Hey girl! Where are you? Hope you are well!! So, what's on your hook lately?